- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
With the opening of a new Technology Centre in Singapore, Michelman continues to increase its commitment and investment in the Asia Pacific region. The Centre is strategically designed to allow for fast, efficient development of new water-based coatings and surface modifying additives formulated specifically for the Asia Pacific markets.
The Centre is designed architecturally to allow for collaboration between Michelman chemists and application specialists, customers, visiting scientists, local think tanks, universities and others involved in the research and product development process. Michelman has also installed a 400kg pilot batch reactor and state-of-the-art testing equipment that are used to help customers accelerate the concept-to-commercialisation cycle.
Michelman has built, equipped and staffed the facility to serve customers of its paper and flexible packaging coatings, as well as its surface modifiers and additives for paint and coatings.