- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research ‘Global Oleochemicals Market (Glycerine, Fatty Acids, Fatty Alcohols), Downstream Application Potential, 2010 – 2018’, the global market for oleochemicals was estimated to be over 13Mt in 2010, which is expected to reach 15Mt by 2018, growing at a CAGR of around 6.0% from 2013 to 2018. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market for oleochemicals, growing at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2013 to 2018. Asia Pacific also accounted for more than 60% of the global capacity for oleochemicals in 2011. Europe was the second largest market with 18%.