- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Orion Engineered Carbons has launched speciality Carbon black colour Black FW 255. This product replaces XPB 255 and is a result of Orion Engineered Carbons’ investment in emerging technologies and its efforts to offer innovative solutions to the market. Several million euros were invested to build a new production line with enhanced technology at its plant in Kalscheuren, Germany. This unit increases Orion’s production capacity and enables it to meet demand in the global market. The new line began operations in November, 2013.
Colour Black FW 255 is the first launch of a new generation of speciaity carbon blacks. It sets a new benchmark for colouristic performance, high jetness and compatibility with both waterborne and solventborne systems. These characteristics will support the harmonisation of products for solventborne and waterborne systems and reduction of raw material portfolios.