- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Total polyurethane products production in Asia Pacific was 9.83Mt in 2012 compared with 6.94Mt in 2009, according to a new report from UK-based IAL Consultants.
By 2017, IAL estimates this figure will be 15.08Mt, equivalent to an average growth of 8.9%/yr for the next five years.
China will remain the largest market by far but growth is likely to be strongest in India, which will trend around 13% yr-on-yr over the forecast period.
At 3.1Mt/yr (about 31% of the market) in 2012, elastomers account for the largest share of polyurethane production in Asia Pacific, followed by coatings at 22% and flexible foam at 21%. Polyurethane binder and sealant production remains negligible in the region compared to the other segments. Total production of flexible polyurethane foam was estimated at 2.1Mt.