- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
PPG Industries has announced that it has undertaken a strategic initiative with multiple global suppliers to secure and enhance its supply of TiO2, as well as add to the global supply of the raw material.
"Escalating and volatile pricing for TiO2 has been an important issue for PPG,” Kahle, PPG CEO said. "PPG possesses intellectual property and expertise in the production and finishing of TiO2 pigment, and we intend to leverage this and engage with potential partners to develop innovative supply solutions.”
According to Kahle, PPG previously manufactured chloride TiO2 at its Natrium, W Va, USA, chemicals plant. He said that PPG anticipates the initiative may include technical collaborations, joint ventures, licensing, technical assistance opportunities or other strategic commercial initiatives.