- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Envirobase High Performance automotive refinish coating by PPG Industries isn’t only a top choice among collision shops around the world – it’s also a preferred paint among discerning airbrush artists.
"Artists disregard the label on paint cans,” said John Outcalt, PPG VP, Global Automotive Refinish. "They want to use the best paint to create their artwork. And, believe it or not, it’s creating a niche business for Envirobase High Performance coating because of its performance and ease of use and its environmentally friendly impact.”
When New Zealand airbrush artist Warren Houston views the mural he created for ‘Mish Mash’, a popular children’s television show, he sees the benefits of using Envirobase High Performance coatings by PPG – for his artwork and for his health.
"Previously, I’d done an 8m by 3m landscape mural in a TV studio using solventborne paint and the fumes inside the studio weren’t so great,” Houston said. "When this TV studio approached me to paint a backdrop for a children’s program, I thought it was a great opportunity to use Envirobase High Performance coatings.
"The beauty of this product is that it was easy to use and there were no fumes,” he said. Based in Rotorua, Houston has airbrushed everything from cars to guitars in his 40-year, award-winning career.