- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
PPG has completed a US$15.5M investment at its aerospace research and technology (R&T) centre in Burbank, California.
Upgrades to the 39,524-square-foot (3672-square-meter) facility include increased laboratory and testing space with climate-control capabilities, updated equipment to enhance PPG’s resources for the development of aerospace sealants and coatings, as well as an open floor plan with dedicated areas to promote collaboration.
The facility currently accommodates more than 90 employees in various R&T, manufacturing, customer support and related service and administrative positions.
"PPG continues to improve its R&T capabilities to provide new, innovative products and services to our customers in commercial, regional, military and general aviation,” said Mehran Arbab, PPG Global Director, aerospace coatings and sealants, R&T.
"The enhancements to the Burbank facility strengthen PPG’s overall position as a reliable and innovative partner for our aerospace customers globally.”
PPG’s global aerospace business offers coatings, sealants, transparencies, packaging and application systems, and transparent armour, as well as chemical management and other services.
For more information, visit www.ppgaerospace.com.