- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
PPG Industries welcomed members of the local community to its Tianjin coatings plant for the first time, on November 24, as part of the global celebration of the International Year of Chemistry.
Nearly 100 people from the town, as well as school and media representatives, attended the event, which showcased PPG’s sustainable products and efforts.
This is the second time PPG has participated in an open-to-public day organised by the Association of International Chemical Manufacturers (AICM). PPG and 24 other international chemical companies that are AICM members signed the ‘Responsible Care Beijing Manifesto’ in 2008 and committed to assuming the social responsibility expected of China’s chemical industry, including participating in open-to-public days at least once in the following four years.
PPG first participated in an open-to-public day organised by AICM last year in Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP).