- PPG teams with local schools, provides volunteers and paint for children’s hospital
- Tikkurila sells four subsidiaries
- BCF and BASA seminar helps industry prepare for Brexit at the halfway mark
- EU round up – Paint companies to benefit from major research spending programme
- Latest adhesives & sealants report
PPG Industries welcomed members of the local community to its Tianjin coatings plant for the first time, on November 24, as part of the global celebration of the International Year of Chemistry.
Nearly 100 people from the town, as well as school and media representatives, attended the event, which showcased PPG’s sustainable products and efforts.
This is the second time PPG has participated in an open-to-public day organised by the Association of International Chemical Manufacturers (AICM). PPG and 24 other international chemical companies that are AICM members signed the ‘Responsible Care Beijing Manifesto’ in 2008 and committed to assuming the social responsibility expected of China’s chemical industry, including participating in open-to-public days at least once in the following four years.
PPG first participated in an open-to-public day organised by AICM last year in Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP).