- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
Wacker has expanded its technical centre in India. Located in Goregaon, a suburb of Mumbai, the centre now includes laboratories, applications technology and test equipment for polymer dispersions for coatings
"The expansion of our technical centre is another milestone in our growth strategy”, said Raman Trikala, managing director Wacker Chemie India. "Our top-notch equipped technical center here in India’s economic hub Mumbai sets new standards in service, advice and transfer of expertise, offering our customers and business partners considerable added value.”
The expansion has focused on dispersions based on vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymers used as binders for interior and exterior paints in the coatings industry.
Wacker has been supplying chemical products to India since the 1970s. In 1998, the Wacker Metroark Chemicals Pvt Ltd joint venture was established in Kolkata. Production of a wide variety of silicones began as early as 1999. The local subsidiary, Wacker Chemie India Pvt Ltd, was founded in 2007 in response to increasing market demands and market potential.