- Covestro increases share of renewable power for site in Belgium
- Yorkshire linseed paint manufacturer expands with move to new premises as demand soars
- IMCD Australia and New Zealand strengthen its coatings and construction business with the ...
- Johnstone’s Paint brand by PPG announces long-term partnership with World Snooker To...
- Henkel signs agreement to acquire Seal for Life Industries
PPG Industries has announced that it is increasing its global precipitated silica production capacity by more than 18,000 tons/yr in response to growing global demand. The capacity expansion includes projects at PPG’s Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA and Delfzijl, The Netherlands, manufacturing locations.
"PPG is committed to the precipitated silica market and these investments will enable us to continue meeting the growing needs of our customers for high-quality precipitated silica,” said Kevin Braun, PPG general manager, Silica Products.
The extra capacity will begin to come online during the fourth quarter 2011 and the expansion projects will be completed by the end of 2012.