- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Resinall Rütgers Resins GmbH (RRR), a joint venture between the German Rütgers Novares GmbH and the Belgian Resinall Europe bvba, has acquired the chemicals company Neville Chemical Europe BV (NCE).
The acquisition of NCE is part of the RRR expansion strategy and is designed to sustainably strengthen the joint venture partners’ leading position within the European producers of industrial resins. The acquired company – with its headquarters in Uithoorn, The Netherlands – has extensive competencies in the development, production and marketing of hydrocarbon resins for the printing inks, coatings, asphalt and rubber industry. "NCE is an ideal addition to our product portfolio and can correspondingly make a contribution to the growth of RRR”, said Stefan Knau, one of two managing directors of RRR, commenting on the deal. Prior to the acquisition, NCE was owned by Neville Chemical Company (NCC), based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
The Uithoorn site offers RRR numerous logistical advantages. "The acquisition will strengthen Uithoorn as a production site and NCE will remain a competitive market player in the long term”, stated Jerry Johnson, the other RRR managing director, commenting on the future of the Uithoorn site. "Our long-term objective is to expand the business”, remarked Johnson.