- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
PPG Industries has opened an automotive OEM coatings development and application centre in Tianjin, China. The facility is the first of its kind locally and will focus on the development of automotive coatings. The opening ceremony also celebrated the launch of PPG’s new waterborne coatings manufacturing facility.
The Tianjin plant is PPG’s largest coatings manufacturing facility globally and the expansion significantly increases the plant’s production capacity for waterborne coatings, which are expectd to be used on more than 60% of new vehicles, in China, within five years