- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
PPG has partnered with Prague Crafts Academy (“Akademie řemesel Praha”), a technical high school in Czechia offering vocational education in the fields of construction, engineering, electrical engineering and services. Thanks to a community engagement grant by PPG, the school was able to build an innovative and modern workshop for student painters.
The new facility is the most modern instructional painting workshop of its kind in the country and aims to help students develop a wide range of professional skills. It builds on PPG’s long-standing relationship with the academy, which includes training workshops from PPG experts showcasing products such as PRIMALEX™, BALAKRYL™ and BONDEX™ paints by PPG, along with field trips for the students to see how paints are produced.
“During these workshops, we provide students not only with theoretical information, but above all with practical experience,” said Jan Šipan, PPG Sales Director, Czechia, Architectural Coatings. “We are proud to support quality vocational education and reach out to the younger generation. This latest partnership with the academy will take this to the next level.”
“All crafts are rapidly evolving and it is important to adapt their teaching to changing trends and new technologies,” said Drahoslav Matonoha, Director of the Prague Crafts Academy. “We are pleased that our long-term partnership with PPG has enabled us to open the new painting workshop to support students in painting and varnishing programmes.”
Around 90%1 of the students successfully complete the painting and varnishing course every year. Graduates have the opportunity to immediately take up a position in Czechia or abroad with one of the companies the school co-operates with.
1. Source: Akademie řemesel Praha – SŠT, 2023