- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
- New Vink Chemicals production site in Schwerin, Germany
- Hempel A/S celebrates 75-year anniversary of its owner, the Hempel Foundation
- Birla Carbon celebrates the 65th anniversary of its Cubatão Plant in Brazil
- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
PPGhas completed its 500th Colourful Communities® project – a colourful and transformational makeover at Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh. More than 80 volunteers marked the milestone by creating science-themed murals and applying fresh paint and colour in learning spaces around the centre.
Completion of the 500th Colorful Communities project kicks off a month-long, worldwide celebration of the volunteers, community partners and individuals who have helped to bring colour and brightness to PPG communities. From China to the Netherlands, additional projects are planned across the world to mark the milestone.
“When we launched the Colorful Communities programme, we sought to blend the best of who we are – our passionate, talented employees and our innovative products – to improve the communities where we live and work. The momentum built within this journey and the outcomes created are beyond what we anticipated,” said Malesia Dunn, Executive Director, PPG Foundation and Corporate global social responsibility. “The Colorful Communities programme has brightened our world in new and meaningful ways, spreading joy and positively impacting our communities.”
Over the course of 500 projects, PPG employee volunteers have reached diverse communities and important spaces in need of bright and colourful transformations, positively impacting more than 8.2 million people in 50 countries. The programme has:
- Invested nearly US$12M in Colorful Communities projects to establish partnerships with organisations that educate and provide essential support to its neighbours.
- Used nearly 50,000 gallons of paint to create spaces where students are encouraged to learn and thrive, patients and their families feel hope and support and communities are inspired.
- Completed projects at more than 40 community centres and nearly 30 hospitals or healthcare facilities.
- Empowered nearly 25,000 volunteers to spend over 160,000 hours revitalising important spaces.
- Used PPG expertise to elevate the positive impact that colour can have on a space.
- Reached students in more than 140 educational spaces to provide environments where young learners feel engaged and supported.
In recognition of the 500th project milestone, PPG is committing an additional US$5 M to the Colorful Communities programme through 2030. This will enable PPG volunteers to incorporate new activities and elements into projects that focus on environmental sustainability, such as reusing or recycling paint products and sundries, designing environmental-themed murals and incorporating gardening or tree-planting as part of the project.
“In our communities, our volunteers create brighter futures and live our purpose to protect and beautify the world,” said Dunn. “The Colorful Communities programme brings to life PPG’s commitment to protecting and beautifying places where we live and giving employees a meaningful way to give back. The additional commitment makes it possible to continue this work.”
Main image caption: PPG volunteers completed the 500th COLORFUL COMMUNITIES® project at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh, kicking off a month-long, worldwide celebration. (Photo: Business Wire)