- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
PPG Industries’ protective and marine coatings (PMC) business is celebrating the 20th anniversary of polysiloxane coatings, for which PPG was granted the first patent on January 4, 1994. Tim Knavish, PPG VP, Protective and Marine Coatings, said polysiloxane coatings have revolutionised the protective and marine coatings industry, expanding into applications such as civil infrastructure, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), government, water and wastewater, petrochemical, offshore, rail, power generation and wind energy. PPG polysiloxane products, specifically the PSX brand of coatings, have been used to coat more than 1bnft2 of surface area.
q Meanwhile, PPG PMC was awarded a five-year contract by the US Navy’s Military Sealift Command to continue providing coatings, solvents and technical services to its global fleet of 110 ships.