- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
- New Vink Chemicals production site in Schwerin, Germany
- Hempel A/S celebrates 75-year anniversary of its owner, the Hempel Foundation
- Birla Carbon celebrates the 65th anniversary of its Cubatão Plant in Brazil
- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
The second year of PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative, part of the company’s COLORFUL COMMUNITIES® programme, transformed 27 schools worldwide during June, July and August 2023. More than 1,500 PPG volunteers and community partners took part in the initiative, dedicating more than 10,000 hours to transform classes and learning spaces for more than 12,200 students and educators.
PPG provided more than US$1M in support to recipient schools through the New Paint for a New Start projects, which included educational supplies for several schools and nearly 4,000 gallons of PPG paint products. Using PPG’s colour expertise, each project aimed to create engaging spaces for students to learn and grow.
“As year two of New Paint for a New Start comes to an end, I’d like to recognise the employees and community partners who volunteered their time during this special Colorful Communities initiative,” said Diane Kappas, PPG Vice President, Global Sustainability. “Beyond the numbers, our volunteers harnessed the power of paint to give students an opportunity to learn, grow and develop in colourful learning environments.”
PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms educational facility for children with disabilities in Kazakhstan
Examples of projects around the world include:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Early College in Denver: Students returning for the 2023-24 school year were greeted with new colours and a vibrant mural in the music hallway.
- Meliha Cemal Bagci Secondary School in Bursa, Turkey: More than 1,900 students were welcomed by a science-themed mural designed to inspire and educate about harmony between different disciplines of science.
- Carolina Ometto Pavan School in Américo Brasiliense City, Brazil: A mural with an environmental theme in the playground was inspired by local artist Beto Ferreira.
- Caochang Primary School in Jingmen City, Jubei Province, China: PPG partnered with SAIC-GM Chevrolet as well as combining PPG’s Colorful Communities programme with the Chevrolet Red Chalk teacher support program for schools in rural regions.
“We’re proud to have created revitalised spaces to celebrate students and educators and help students feel excited, supported and ready to learn,” said Malesia Dunn, Executive Director, PPG Foundation and Corporate Global Social Responsibility. “We know that colour can enhance learning and create spaces where both educators and students feel comfortable and encouraged.”
To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.