- New British Coatings Federation report highlights essential coatings contribution to econo...
- PPG announces leadership changes in aerospace coatings business
- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
Lubrizol launches Turboset 2027 PUD
Lubrizol has introduced Turboset 2027, an NMP-free, self-crosslinking polyurethane composite dispersion formulated to enhance the performance of interior wood coatings used on floors and furniture, as well as select sealers, without requiring additional crosslinkers. Turboset 2027 is distinguished by its unique NMP-, NEP- and APEO-free chemistry making it ideal for coatings intended for the global market.
PPG adds flakes to range
PPG Industries’ automotive refinish business has added seven flakes to its Ditzler Big Flake product line, bringing the total number available to 13. The flakes add intense colour and sparkle to custom car, truck or motorcycle finishes and can be used to create a broad spectrum of basecoat and tricoat custom colour formulations.
Battelle scientists have invented a novel, water-based polyurethane – environmentally responsible, cost-effective, soya-based and free of N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone (NMP) solvent. This new polyurethane has fewer odours than its petroleum-based counterpart and can be used in a wide variety of coatings and adhesives. Battelle’s recipe reduces costs, handling, reporting regulations, vapours and pollution.