- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
RL has announced the launch of A Profile of the Middle East Paint Industry. This report provides market data for 2013 and forecasts for 2018, with an overview of the industry trends across 16 countries in the region.
The total market for paints and coatings in the Middle East was more than 2.09Mt in 2013 and is forecast to rise to more than 2.5Mt by 2018. This is equivalent to an average annual growth rate of 3.6%.
On a country-by-country basis, Saudi Arabia is by far the largest national market, accounting for nearly half of the total demand for paints and coatings in the Middle East. The fastest growing countries are Oman, Qatar and Kuwait. The construction activity in these countries is increasing.
Architectural and decorative coatings for consumer and professional uses account for around 75% of the total market, although this proportion varies from country to country. Growth in the protective coatings segment is being boosted by the oil and gas sector and infrastructural investments. The powder segment is forecast to be the fastest growing segment over the medium term. This technology is still relatively new to the Middle East.
For more information on this report, contact Cathy Galbraith at: