- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Royal DSM reported Q2 2014 EBITDA from continuing operations of €293M compared to €332M in Q2 2013 and €272M in Q1 2014. Nutrition showed improvement compared to the last two quarters. Performance Materials continued its encouraging underlying trend and delivered higher results. Polymer Intermediates was negatively impacted by lower caprolactam margins.
Commenting on the results, Feike Sijbesma, CEO/ Chairman of the DSM Managing Board, said: "DSM delivered improved results versus the first quarter, despite persistent currency headwinds. Performance Materials saw continued positive momentum in a number of end-markets, whereas Polymer Intermediates has seen weaker business conditions for caprolactam.