- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Atlas is pleased to announce a new workshop entitled ‘Sample Preparation and Evaluation’. This new event will be launched in 2012 at the Atlas offices in Linsengericht Germany. Dates to be determined and published on the Atlas website.
The Sample Preparation and Evaluation Workshop is a course designed for those who prepare, test and evaluate test samples. This workshop will address the importance of sample selection and preparation, as well as sample replication, and will guide laboratory staff through cleaning and visual evaluation methods. The workshop will also include an in depth examination of various weathering defects and how they can be evaluated and rated according to both reference scales and reference materials. Additional topics will include weathering defects/changes (general appearance, colour change, gloss reduction etc.). We request that participants bring their own samples.
The workshop includes hands on training of visual evaluation methods using controlled light conditions for both outdoor and laboratory weathering and light fastness testing.
In response to client requests, this one-day event was developed for professionals involved in the design, evaluation, specification, and implementation of light fastness, outdoor and accelerated laboratory weathering tests. This includes materials engineers, laboratory technicians, R&D personnel and formulation chemists or anyone interested in gaining knowledge on weatherability.