- Wacker presents dispersions and silicones for dirt-repellent treatment of mineral surfaces...
- Axalta to invest US$60M in Wuppertal, Germany
- Lomon Billions Group has changed its company name to LB Group
- American Securities to acquire Chromaflo Technologies
- The Carlyle Group to buy DuPont Performance Coatings for US$4.9bn
Coloured pigments for coatings and plastics have always been a compromise amidst a balance of durability, bright colour and opacity. The Shepherd Color Company has developed a new pigment chemistry that breaks that compromise with excellent durability, high opacity and a bright clean yellow colour. Niobium Tin Pyrochlore (NTP) Yellow is a new class of Complex Inorganic Colored Pigment (CICP) under the designation Pigment Yellow 227. It is specifically engineered for plastics applications while the NTP Yellow 10C151 is tailored for coatings and paints.
The company is also introducing an improvement of a current product line with new offerings in its Rutile Tin Zinc (RTZ) Orange pigments. RTZ Orange 10P340 for plastics and RTZ Orange 10C341 for coatings offer increased redness, higher heat stability and excellent weathering when compared to current market offerings.