- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
Business Development Asia LLC has announced that its client, The Sherwin-Williams Company, has acquired 100% of Changzhou (Jiangsu) Pulanna Coating Co, Ltd.
Pulanna is a leading manufacturer of automotive coatings for sale in the Chinese aftermarket. The acquisition increases Sherwin-Williams’ presence in China’s automotive sector, where passenger car sales have grown strongly in recent years, increasing from 6.8M in 2008 to more than 16M in 2012. Car sales are forecast to continue rising at a rate of approximately 10%/yr for the next decade.
"This transaction shows how BDA’s focus on cross-border M&A with in-country expertise, helps its clients realise their Asian growth plans. We wish Sherwin-Williams all future success as the new owners of Pulanna,” said Mark Webster, Managing Director of BDA.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 2000, Pulanna has 150 employees.