- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
Tinseltown’s biggest star – The Hollywood Sign – was restored to its full beauty once again thanks to an historic ‘face-lift’ from Sherwin-Williams and The Hollywood Sign Trust.
The Hollywood Sign’s most extensive refurbishment in nearly 35 years was completed just in time for the Sign to celebrate its 90th birthday in 2013. The products used are designed to help it retain its crisp white finish, especially against the elements.
To ensure the makeover endures the test of time, the existing coatings were removed from each of the letters, a time-intensive process completed almost entirely by hand. Next, painters applied 105gals of Sherwin-Williams Pro Industrial Pro-Cryl Universal Acrylic Primer – a product specially designed for surfaces where rust and corrosion resistance is critical. Last, they applied two coats (255gals) – of Emerald Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint in Sherwin-Williams High Reflective White (SW7757). This paint offers extreme resistance to blistering, peeling, chalking, fading, mould, mildew and dirt pickup.