- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Solvay has opened an Innovation Centre in Singapore. Located in Biopolis and occupying a total area of 1100m2, the laboratory is the key innovation centre in Asia Pacific for Solvay Novecare.
The laboratory will lead global projects in the fields of coatings, home and personal care and oil and gas, including a dedicated team working on Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) solutions. In addition, it will be a regional hub in the development of sustainable solutions for the Agrochemical business.
"Singapore has undergone an important transformation in recent years and is now established as a key knowledge and innovation hub in the Asia Pacific region,” said Pierre-Franck Valentin, VP and GM of Solvay Novecare Asia Pacific. "By basing one of our global Innovation Centres in Singapore, we want to take advantage of the country’s research capabilities and ready infrastructure. Singapore’s strong intellectual property protection also makes it an ideal location to set up our new innovation laboratory that will address the challenges that the speciality chemicals industry faces in Asia.”
Valued at an initial investment of about US$3M, Solvay plans to boost the laboratory’s capabilities in the next five years with a further investment of about US$8M.