- Axalta expands liquid coatings production in North America
- Wells Fargo Securities hosts ChemQuest for its 17th annual Investor Research Report
- IMCD India expands its laboratories capabilities and relocates its Gurgaon office to Noida...
- Dow Coating Materials appoints Palmer Holland as exclusive USA distributor
- DSM deal supports cobalt-free solutions for coatings
Honda Motor Co, Ltd has announced that it has developed the ‘Honda Smart Ecological Paint (Honda S. Paint)’ process, a highly-functional painting technology that eliminates a middle coating process from a commonly used 4-coat/3-bake auto body painting process to realise a 3-coat/2-bake water-based painting process. Honda will introduce this technology at its Yorii Plant at Saitama Factory in Japan that is scheduled to become operational in July.
Conventionally, eliminating the middle coating process would have restricted the paint colours that can be used; however, Honda overcame this challenge by developing a highly-functional material for the colour base coat used in the final coating process. This makes it possible to use any exterior paint colour.