- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
- Dorfner partners with citrine informatics and revolutionises paint formulation work throug...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms educational facility for children ...
Synthomer, one of the world’s leading suppliers of waterborne dispersions and speciality polymers, will invest €20M in its dispersion plant located in Worms, Germany. The investment adds several new and fully automated production lines for acrylic dispersions. The plant extension strengthens the company’s continuous growth in paints & coatings, construction chemicals, technical textiles, as well as adhesives and sealants.
The production plant in Worms is Synthomer’s largest acrylic site in Europe, being strategically well located with close proximity to the customer base and excellent connections to the river Rhine, railway and road.
The investment will add 30,000t to its existing capacity. The high flexibility of the newly constructed lines enables further organic growth in the speciality segments, since more than 25% of the new capacity will be utilised by innovative, highly environmentally friendly products.
The expansion will allow shorter supply lead times and meet highest production and quality standards. This investment further strengthens Synthomer’s pan-European dispersion plant network across the UK, Germany, Czech Republic, France, Italy and Spain.
The project is expected to complete by third quarter 2018.