- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Continuing its systematic growth both organically and through corporate acquisitions, Teknos has signed an agreement to acquire Burcharths Farve & Lakfabrik A/S’s paint and coating business.
Burcharths specialises in metal paints for machinery, equipment and engines. In addition to Denmark and Sweden, the company also has significant operations in Poland and Germany.
The turnover of the business now acquired is approximately DKK60M. All employees at Burcharths will be transferred to Teknos. Final completion of the acquisition agreement is expected to take place during Q1, 2014 and Burcharths’ business operations and production will be transferred to Teknos’ Vamdrup plant in Denmark located 15km away. The acquisition will strengthen Teknos’ position in the waterborne metal coating market.