- Datacolor 200 for retail paint assures perfect colour measurement
- BCF survey reveals barriers to recycling leftover paint
- AkzoNobel invests more than €6.5M to expand in China
- AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals announces 2018 Imagine Chemistry winners
- Spanish ferry operator enrols in AkzoNobel carbon credits programme
The recently-opened Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier, a US$28M cruise ship terminal at the US Port of San Diego, is the second major building to feature colour-shifting Duranar Vari-Cool coatings by PPG Industries.
Duranar Vari-Cool coatings combine pearlescent pigments with Ultra-Cool infrared-reflective coatings technology by PPG. This combination enables the coatings both to help buildings stay cooler and to change colour depending on how light refracts off their surface and the angle from which they are viewed.