- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
With its trade fair motto ‘The Essential Element’, BYK Additives & Instruments is focusing specifically on the theme of water in Hall 4A, Booth 614, at the European Coatings SHOW (ECS) from March 19 to 21 in Nuremberg.
Aqueous coating systems today are among the most modern and best alternatives when it comes to environmental and human health protection. In most cases, they achieve the same performance as solventborne systems, are just as easy to process and are particularly economical.
Up until now, more than 40% of the additives of BYK Additives & Instruments have already been developed for aqueous liquid coatings and printing inks.
The trend toward increasingly greener systems is continuing and BYK is facing this challenge with the ‘Greenability’ concept: Over 50% of R&D activities within the company are currently specifically aimed at developing additives to help formulate more environmentally friendly products.
But it goes beyond even that: BYK Additives & Instruments was the first additives manufacturer to produce an ecological assessment for various products and have them accredited by TÜV Rheinland. This means that quality and eco-friendliness once again go hand in hand with a wide-ranging product portfolio and profound expertise at BYK Additives & Instruments.
As another new technology, nanotechnology joins the current list of ECS topics. Thus, for example, with the latest member of the NANOBYK® family, NANOBYK® 3620, BYK Additives & Instruments is showing how glossy, aqueous, pigmented and non-pigmented topcoats can be protected from scratching and abrasion.