- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
The Valspar Corporation has opened its R&D centre in Shunde, China. The Valspar Applied Science and Technology Center will employ more than 200 scientists.
Valspar president and CEO Gary Hendrickson said: "This facility enables us to bring a higher level of value to our relationships in the Asia Pacific region by allowing us to be closer to our customers.”
Valspar’s 2011 global sales totalled US$4bn, including sales in Asia Pacific of US$1bn. Nearly half of the sales in the Asia Pacific region are in China, where Valspar currently has five manufacturing facilities.
Valspar produces and sells coatings for numerous end-markets in China, including consumer paints, food and beverage packaging, shipping containers, furniture, building products, agricultural and construction equipment.