- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Volvo Car Corporation and Donglai Coating Technology (Shanghai) have signed, in Gothenborg Sweden at Volvo headquarters, the certification contract, which establishes the full approval of the Donglai car refinish paint system for application at Volvo Cars.
The approval includes both the solvent-based ‘Onwings’, as well as the water-based ‘Onwaves’. The approval was reached after extensive testing of both coating systems at the Volvo R&D test laboratories.
Mr Zhu Zong Min, CEO of Donglai Coating Technology (Shanghai) Co, Ltd indicated that only a few multi-national paint companies had ever been certificated by Volvo in the past years, so the certification is an important achievement for his company and a major step forward within the strategic future planning of developing new markets. He added that Donglai already holds certification from most car brands available in China. The Volvo certification is additional proof of Donglai’s strong capabilities and potential for the car refinish market in China and beyond.
Donglai Coating Technology (Shanghai) Co, Ltd is a Chinese privately-owned company, which employs more than 700 people. The company is operational in the Chinese home market, as well as in other countries. Its main business consists of car refinish paint, OEM coating system, 3C paint and high-end constructiion paint.