- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Wacker has expanded the service portfolio at its technical centre in Dubai. The centre of excellence located at the ‘Dubai Silicon Oasis’ (DSO) technology park now also includes a dedicated laboratory for interior and exterior paints and coatings applications. The new lab comprises applications technology and test equipment for polymer dispersions needed as binders for interior architectural paints. A further focus is on silicone additives and binders for interior and exterior paints and coatings. The expansion not only enables Wacker to help its local customers develop new and tailor-made products for the strongly growing market for high-quality coatings. It also encourages the exchange of know-how and promotes internationally recognised quality standards in the region.
The expansion was made necessary by the region’s strong economic growth, particularly with regard to sophisticated paint and coating applications. This measure will help Wacker to further bolster its position as a leading producer for vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer (VAE) dispersions and silicone additives and binders.