- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
BASF Coatings has been honoured with an important design award for XFine. The German Design Council selected the paint manufacturer as a winner of the 2011 Automotive Brand Contest, the first international brand and design competition for the automotive industry.
"Being selected as a winner of the Automotive Brand Contest for this intensive metallic special effect paint underscores that our design and technology competence is highly valued and that XFine has helped us to attract a great deal of interest – not just on the part of our customers,” explained BASF colour designer Mark Gutjahr.
XFine has also been nominated for the 2012 German Design Award, sponsored by the German Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi). (See PPCJ, September 2011, p7 for more on XFine).