- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
AkzoNobel has broken ground on its new decorative paints site in Chengdu, capital city of Sichuan Province, China. The facility is part of an investment in excess of €50M to build manufacturing facilities for both powder coatings and decorative paints.
Located in Qionglai Yang’an Industrial Park, the site – the company’s fourth plant for decorative paints in China – occupies an area of 55,000m2. The first phase is scheduled to be opened in 2016, with full operations expected by 2017.
Speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony, AkzoNobel CEO Ton Büchner said: "Our investment in this new site is further proof of our ongoing commitment to China, which is one of our most strategically important markets. Establishing this new facility also gives added momentum to our organic growth ambitions, as well as enabling us to continue expanding our manufacturing footprint in Asia.”
Offering around 100 employment opportunities to the local market, the site will manufacture the full range of AkzoNobel’s Decorative Paint offerings and market them in China.