- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
The AkzoNobel factory, to be based in Ashington, will be one of the biggest manufacturing investments in the region in recent years. The company’s UK operations encompass 18 sites and more than 216 locations, with a total of 4100 employees.
Due to commence operations in late 2014, the Ashington facility will treble AkzoNobel’s current north-east manufacturing capacity and become the new home to the company’s UK Decorative Paints operations.
The factory will reduce energy consumption/lit of paint produced by 60% by employing cutting edge manufacturing technology and the latest in building design, while also making sustainability improvements by recycling waste and water.