- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Algol and Omya have agreed to establish a Joint Venture in Russia to strengthen their activities in calcium carbonate and speciality chemicals distribution. Omya Algol Rus will serve customers and principals in polymers, paints and coatings, food, personal care and agricultural industries, as well as provide high-value services.
Omya Algol Rus will build a strong platform for future growth in the large and rapidly growing Russian market for speciality chemicals and value-added calcium carbonate products.
Juha Jokinen, MD of Algol Chemicals, said: "We are delighted to begin the next steps of strengthening our chemicals distribution business in our home market in North and Eastern Europe. Having combined our forces with Omya, we will become even stronger partner to our customers and suppliers in Russia.”
Omya Algol Rus will have sales offices in Moscow, St Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Rostov with further planned expansion of its sales network.