- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Allnex has announced the acquisition of Águia Química, one of the largest manufacturers of alkyd and acrylic resins in Brazil. The addition of Águia Química’s employees together with further investments at the Ponta Grossa site further expands the products and technologies offered to customers of both companies in the region.
Founded in 1989, Águia Química is a Brazilian market leader in alkyd and acrylic resins for the production of paints, composites, adhesives and abrasives and in the distribution of solvents.
Commenting on the news, Frank Aranzana, CEO of Allnex said: "The acquisition of Águia Química, which is well established in the region, will enable us to complement our existing Liquid Resins and Additives and Crosslinkers businesses, and produce our products closer to our customers. We firmly believe that this acquisition will enable us to better serve our customers, not only in Brazil but region wide.”
Águia Química employees will continue to focus on delivering their wide range of products and technologies, operating under the name ‘Allnex Brazil’.