- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
BASF has announced that it will increase its annual global capacity for manufacturing the chemical intermediate, 6-hexanediol (HDO) by more than 20% to more than 50,000t/yr by 2014. For this purpose, the company will further optimise its production processes, carry out various infrastructure projects and enhance its logistical processes. BASF will invest more than €30M. Through these measures BASF will strengthen its position as the globally leading HDO supplier. BASF operates HDO production facilities at its Verbund sites in Freeport, Texas, USA and Ludwigshafen, Germany.
HDO is used to manufacture industrial coatings including lower volatile organic compound (VOC) formulations, polyurethanes, adhesives and cosmetics. It also serves as a reactive thinner in the formulation of epoxy systems.