- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Following the devastating earthquake in the Chinese province of Sichuan, Bayer is supporting the people in the disaster area with emergency relief totaling EUR 120,000. In addition, the company is providing medical supplies and vector control products worth over EUR 1 million.
Furthermore, Bayer has appealed to employees in China to make further donations. The company will match the employees’ donations up to the amount of EUR 120,000. The emergency relief and the money donated by employees will go to the charitable aid organization ‘One Foundation’. The Chinese foundation is active in the fields of emergency aid, child protection and welfare.
Bayer employs around 12,000 people in China. Bayer sites and offices in the Sichuan region were not affected by the earthquake.