- AkzoNobel completes acquisition of BASF's Industrial Coatings business
- PPG announces initiative to leverage TiO2 expertise
- The Philippines gears up for 2019 phase-out of lead-containing industrial paints
- Registration is open for the 2019 CoatingsTech Conference
- BCF opens the door to new talent with launch of Coatings Careers Hub
Following the devastating earthquake in the Chinese province of Sichuan, Bayer is supporting the people in the disaster area with emergency relief totaling EUR 120,000. In addition, the company is providing medical supplies and vector control products worth over EUR 1 million.
Furthermore, Bayer has appealed to employees in China to make further donations. The company will match the employees’ donations up to the amount of EUR 120,000. The emergency relief and the money donated by employees will go to the charitable aid organization ‘One Foundation’. The Chinese foundation is active in the fields of emergency aid, child protection and welfare.
Bayer employs around 12,000 people in China. Bayer sites and offices in the Sichuan region were not affected by the earthquake.