- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Axalta Coating Systems has broken ground in Wuppertal, Germany, on construction to expand its capacity to produce waterborne coatings. The new facility will increase the footprint of what is already the largest of the company’s 35 manufacturing centres. Production is expected to begin in Q1, 2015.
At the ceremony to mark the event, attended by Wuppertal’s Mayor, Peter Jung, media and Axalta employees – Axalta Chairman and CEO Charlie Shaver underscored the company’s commitment to the production of environmentally responsible waterborne paint technologies.
"A growing demand for high-performance waterborne paint solutions prompted our decision to expand in Wuppertal,” Shaver said. "This facility will use a number of advanced technologies to decrease waste and reduce the environmental footprint of our operations.