- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
JEC Europe – Composites Show & Conferences”, from March 12 – 14, 2013 will be held at the Paris Porte de Versailles .
Conferences and a trade show of 12 key themes will be highlighted during the three-day trade show: Design, Non-Destructive Testing, Robotics, Aeronautics, Automotive, E-car, Wind Power, Carbon, Biocomposites, Thermoplastics, Multifunctional Materials and Environment.
With 50,000 sqm of floor space, the JEC Show will represent the global composites industry and its most recent advances in heavily composite-consuming sectors such as aerospace, aeronautics, shipbuilding, railway, automotive, mass transportation, construction, equipment and sports & leisure.
A growing sector
"The global composites market represents 81.6bn Euros in value and 9.2M tonnes in volume for 2012. This market is growing an average of 6%/yr. Composites are used more and more often to lighten structures, aircraft, and vehicles in general, thus improving energy efficiency,” states Frédérique Mutel, JEC Group President and CEO.
An innovative industry
"Innovation is present in each of the steps of the value chain. Producers of raw materials (polymers, as well as carbon, glass and natural fibres) have heavily invested in the research and development of new formulations. Downstream, at the part manufacturing level, the industry is also highly innovative.”