- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Hempel, one of the world’s leading industrial and marine coatings suppliers, has expanded its footprint in India. After the success of its first manufacturing facility in the country, which opened in Nashik, Maharashtra in 2011, the Denmark-based company has inaugurated a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Nashik.
With a production capacity of approximately 10M lit/yr, the new greenfield factory will significantly increase Hempel’s ability to serve the rapidly growing South Asian market. The facility, spread over two acres of land, is part of the company’s One Hempel & One Ambition growth strategy and is one of three new plants scheduled to open around the world in 2014 and 2015.