- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
MCD Group strengthened its position in Asia Pacific with two major acquisitions in India and Australia towards the end of 2011.
IMCD India acquired the business of Mata Polymers Pvt Ltd, an established player in the silicone, textile and construction markets, while IMCD Australia entered into a strategic partnership deal with Infineum Australia Pty Ltd (IAPL).
The Group’s recent acquisition of Warwick in Malaysia plus the opening of the IMCD technical centre in India and personal care lab in Malaysia manifest its long-term commitment to expand its businesses in Asia. IMCD also opened its regional headquarters in Singapore and appointed Mr Albert Stevens as vice president Asia in November 2011.