- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Jotun Paints presented its new polyester-polyurethane topcoat that has been specially designed for top-class yachts at last month’s Dubai International Boat Show.
Megagloss HG, is the result of four years’ intensive research and development conducted by the Norwegian main corporate laboratory of Jotun and the Yacht Concept Centre in Barcelona, a statement said.
Specifically formulated to provide long-term resistance to UV light, erosion, impacts and chemicals, Megagloss HG was tested across two yachts measuring more than 40m; the MY H2ome from Italy and the SY Canica from Spain – with both vessels reporting great results.
Megagloss HG is based on new binder technology giving it a mixing ratio of 1:1 on volume, thereby making it more ‘user friendly’. It offers excellent colour stability and provides a specified dry film thickness after the application of three coats, giving off a ‘mirror like appearance effect’.