- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
Lanxess is strengthening its product portfolio for biocides to serve the megatrend urbanization. The German speciality chemicals group has acquired Singapore-based PCTS Specialty Chemicals Pte Ltd for an undisclosed amount.
Through the acquisition, Lanxess is now one of the leading suppliers of biocides for paints and coatings in the rapidly growing Asia Pacific region. Lanxess will gain access to a complementary portfolio of biocides and will benefit from PCTS’ highly recognised product expertise and know-how in paints and coatings.
PCTS specialises in biocides for environmentally friendly water-based paints that meet stringent health and safety, as well as environmental standards. Biocides prevent the deterioration and discolouring of the paints caused by micro-organisms.
PCTS employs about 20 people at modern production and laboratory facilities close to Lanxess’ Singapore headquarters. PCTS recorded sales in the single-digit €M range in 2012, with 60% of it being generated in China. The company was majority owned by NIPSEA Technologies Pte Ltd.