- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
Lanxess, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of biocidal active ingredients and biocide formulations, has started using a new formulation method for algicides in paints. The method delivers added benefits for algicidal formulations.
Several tests showed that it reduced active ingredient leaching from paints caused by rain by more than 50% compared to conventional algicides. By improving leaching behaviour, the method extends the lifetime of façade coatings and can reduce the amount of active ingredient required. Researchers in the Material Protection Products (MPP) business unit of Lanxess have used ‘slow-release technology’ to develop the formulation that exhibits a far better active ingredient retention rate in the colour matrix than standard dry-film preservation products.
MPP presented its biocidal active ingredients and biocide formulations at last month’s European Coatings Show.