- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
PPG Industries’ coil and building products group announced that it supplied Duranar XL and Duracron coatings to the recently opened Port of Miami Tunnel, which is made up of two 4200-foot-long highway tunnels that travel under Biscayne Bay, connecting the MacArthur Causeway on Watson Island to the Port of Miami on Dodge Island.
Duranar XL coating specified by Arquitectonica, the Miami-based architectural firm that designed the tunnels is a three-part coating system consisting of a urethane primer coat, a decorative colour coat and a protective fluoropolymer clearcoat. Arquitectonica selected Duranar XL Crystal Blue coating to cover the 4000 metal panels lining both sets of tunnel walls.
As many as 16,000 vehicles/month are expected to travel through the twin underwater tunnels, which opened to traffic on August 3.