- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
Wacker Chemie is strengthening its presence in South America and has inaugurated its expanded technical center, including training centre, near São Paulo, Brazil.
The new regional competence centre for South America combines research and development, applications technology and a basic- and advanced-training facility for silicone and polymer applications under one roof. The expansion focuses on the labs for polymer binders, which are primarily used in construction chemical applications. The integrated Wacker Academy training facility, which is also being expanded, is furnished with a new practice room offering an ideal platform for industry-specific networking among customers, distribution partners and Wacker specialists.
The technical centre in Jandira has been supporting customers in the development of new products and applications since 2003, taking local raw materials and environmental conditions into consideration. The expansion focuses mainly on the labs for dispersible polymer powders, which are used in dry-mix mortars for concrete applications, tile adhesives and sealing slurries, for example. As part of the expansion, the testing area available for polymer binders will be increased by a factor of more than three.