- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
- New Vink Chemicals production site in Schwerin, Germany
- Hempel A/S celebrates 75-year anniversary of its owner, the Hempel Foundation
- Birla Carbon celebrates the 65th anniversary of its Cubatão Plant in Brazil
- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
Hempel supplied protective and decorative coatings to the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) in preparation for the 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix, a round of the FIA Formula 1 World Championship, which took place from April 4-6.
Opened in 2004, the circuit has 57 race laps and a length of 5.4km. During the building stage of the circuit, Hempel was chosen to supply its protective and decorative coatings. Since then, Hempel has been a major supplier for BIC – both during the Grand Prix season but also throughout the year to ensure the maintenance of the circuit.
Hempel supplied the circuit with its high-end emulsion Topaz Matt Emulsion in 12 vivid colours, creating an astonishing scheme of calligraphy combined with geometric shapes.